PDA

View Full Version : TEST MISSION

=VARP=Nage
12-10-2014, 11:41
Hi all,

With this post i will let everyone know that we will conduct several tests in one mission tonight. We supposed to test this next Sunday but since we are in sort of the time note here we are pushing this test to THIS evening at 20:00 Zulu time and will go as follows.

-Thor as admin will set up the mission in two tests but rolled into big one. In Northern sector Thor will plot ground forces to merge in battle with one another in full scale, full movements, where we will test server to its limits.

-In south sector from Kursk to all the way south we will have planes in Dogfight and ground attack BUT we will switch sides here because each side here in negotiations is saying it is poorly equipped. Fighters, and ground attackers will be only in south sector to see if we all warp, lag or anything else since we have reports of FPS drops also.

-Everyone who will have any sort of problem, please report so we can fix.

Check your JSGME to fit requirements for this campaign (Thor issued 1.1 verson Kursk map (http://2ndvarp.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3897&d=1412615557) last week) and also check NETcode speed that Thor placed for 12000.

Please, i know it is short notice and all but spread the word so we gather at max. numbers.

Nage

=VARP=Thor
12-10-2014, 14:13
I am still at work...wife made a plan for my afternoon with some friends which means i am out of any work....sorry...can't go against my home General;)
Sure,we'll do 40/40 test..everything is already ready for that...if someone can create coop mission with goals like Nage said,please upload,i'll host it.
Cheers,

=VARP=Nage
12-10-2014, 18:47
Sh*t, Kaso can you handle this??? Just got home, have to take care of kids.

=LG=Blakhart
12-10-2014, 20:38
At least 15 blue players wait on HL.

I host dgf server.

All welcome.

SUP_Astore
12-10-2014, 23:08
Sorry mates, I had unexpected guests for dinner and I could free myself only too late for the test mission. :(

7/SchG2_Valkyr
13-10-2014, 00:06
I just want to give you some numbers from todays last test.
In the average I had about 30 fps depending on the area I was over and the direction I was looking at.
To make it comparable here is my hardware: Cpu Phenom X4 965 BE @ 3,4 Ghz, Gpu Ati 6870 with 2 gig VRam.
Netspeed was set to DSL.
S!
7/SchG2_Valkyr

=VARP=Thor
13-10-2014, 09:23
Uh,test was not good at all. Tried to add 5 moves more per side to ground and 10 moves more for air on both sides and it was over the edge for server. Even it was not in "time overflow" it was on 1-2fps. AI planes were banked,they didn't want to take off etc.
When I removed those 10flights more per side, everyone exploded. I was removing them manuallu from mission file so i deleted something by accident and that was the problem. In test 3 planes were removed,we had everything ok, but i left those 5 moves more. It was not good. Still AI planes didn't want to take off. When we started test 4 without those 5 extra moves on the ground, everything was fine.
So,my conclusion is that we are more on the edge than i thought, and slots for both sides for air and ground will be set to 36. Also, some amount of units in the back will be added to supply and removed from the map for one mission. Also it is possible that I'll lock production at least for 1 day (4-5missions). We still would be able to add units to map which i removed from the back and by that time we'll destroy something on both sides to have server load a little bit lighter. Will make testing alone and see.

About fps when it worked in test 4 it was 42-60 for me. The lowest during take off and normal in the air.
My conf is: i5 2500k oc 3,7GHz,8GB ram, vga 770GTX net speed 12000.

=VARP=Nage
13-10-2014, 15:53
I had avg:37 but fps bounced from 30 to 8. I had low fps when on ground, at 1500m fps got up to 30 but every now and then dropped to 8 (like for millisecond), anyway fps up there was 20-30. Net speed set to 12000

Early i5 2,8GHz, ATI 5870, 12GB ram.......

=VARP=Thor
13-10-2014, 17:18
Guys,just to be on the same page,my res is 1920x1200.
You can do few thing to get more fps. You can lower your resolution,turn off AA make your picture slightly bad looking etc.
Buying a better card help to some degree.The small one.
The best what you could do is to get more juice from your cpu.Every single one i saw in last few years can go up for at least 4-5%.Some,like i52500K are oc wonders with >30% oc potential.

[DBS]Hycel
13-10-2014, 21:38
So, yesterday during test no. 4 on my old rig, witch is 2.0.Ghz Core Duo, 4 gb Ram, Nvidia 9500 something, I had like 10 to 20 fps with may sound dreadful to some of you, but smooth gameplay means I can participate in this campaign, so I'm happy with that result.
If anybody wants to know below are my settings from conf.ini. I have marked with bold those settings with have biggest impact on performance.

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=1
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=0
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=1
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=0
Specular=1
SpecularLight=0
DiffuseLight=0
DynamicalLights=0
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=1
Forest=0
LandShading=1
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=0
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=0

VideoSetupId=17
Water=0
Effects=0
AirIntensity=Low
GroundIntensity=Low
;ForceShaders3x=1

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0
ForceShaders1x=0

Perhaps I went too low on those settings, will do some more testing later on.

CSS_Hayzee
17-03-2015, 02:07
test