Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chuck Norris among posters

Default De-Briefing Mis #1

Stats from mission can be found here:
    http://thorftp.tk/seow/MP4public/Sta...309050600.html

We did better then events during mission showed, but we need to prepare better for next mission i expect enemy will do same.
    It seams enemy focused most on Bari area, and bombed port of Calabria preaty good.

We earned 1VP ( Axis error in ship colision ) and Axis earned 0.6VP ( destroying 6 Fuel Tanks in R.Calabria ).
    We dont know how many points they will earn by unlodin ships in Plombino. We only damaged one dock by ~29% ( and it gets repaired by 20% next mission )

Post here your after action reports

Good job Chaps it was hard one

I noticed atleast 2 flight leaders had whisper on all or my channal also when they were talking with each other, this should be avoided, use only 1 whisper key for one channel or person, if you need to talk with more channels or persons make secound key for it. Its destracting in combat to here other flight leaders talk if they dont have to talk to you. Thanks.
    Last edited by StG77_CountZero; 19-10-2015 at 19:41.

Make your decisions promptly. It is better to act quickly even though your tactics are not the best.

Default Re: De-Briefing Mis #1

Debriefing Red4/5

4xSpit VIII ( Rip, Necathor, Sanguchiti +AI )
    2xP47D ( cCZ + Phantom )

We took of and plan to meet with Spits from Taranto 10km south of it at 5km. After 10-15 min we all regroupd and then after spoting some frendly flights, continued as plan to climbe to 10km+ towards Napoli.

Over Salerno i send Spits to go help guys in Taranto area as it was obvious from Radar and our TS3 info that enemy had strong CAP over BAri-Taranto.
    Me and Phantom continued Patrol North of Napoli and to Foggia.
    Sone Rips flight of Spits was engadged with enemys on its way to Taranto 20-30km N of Scalea, Rip can post AAr for his group from that time on.

Me and Phantom then head to Bari and scrap totaly our plan as we had to have more fighter suport in Bari area if we wonted to do some GA there.
    On way from Foggia to Bari we saw 1 Fw190 at 6km near Foggia we scared him and he dived to NW. Close to Bari we saw 4-6 contacts at 6+km we started to drag them NW to move them from Bari. It worked for few min, but when they saw that flak started to shoot at Bari they turned there.

Me and Phantom went after them and sone saw 1x109 and one more we tought is Fw190. I shot down 109 and Phantom after short pursuit got his guy, i belive it was bomber.
    We started to go back to Bari area where now was big DF. I then saw one contact north from me at 4km and when i come closer it was ju52, i attacked him from abow, and in first pass he got my engine, stupid move i had to be more patiant and attack him from below. Sone i cut his wing and then i went to RTB on Matera. I directed Phantom to go meet with Rip who at that time was only one alive from his group.

1km from Airbase my engine cout on fire and i had to bail, lucky i found some farmers and they had some vine, so i drunk my sorrow in it.

Make your decisions promptly. It is better to act quickly even though your tactics are not the best.

Novice poster

Took off with Count, Neca and Rip. I formed with Neca following Count and Rip trough the flight, during the CAP we encountered 6 contacts flying into the sun, 2 of them were behind, we went with Neca for those contacts and managed to shoot them down. Then we returned to Taranto and went to the North covering some (P39s?). We spotted a lonely contact flying low, it was a bomber, while we approached for visual contact Neca got engaged behind me with a FW 190, I lost track of him and I only saw a big battle over the airfield. I went south but Neca was damaged already, then another FW comes up from below me and shoot me taking down my elevators. I try to maneuver with the flaps and throttle taking more hits, thankfully a Spitfire shows up and help me, my flaps get stuck and my plane only goes up, I roll upside down to go low and when I get close to the ground I roll again and cut the throttle with rudder imput to kill the speed, I end up landing on the field south of the enemy positions.

It was a good flight overall, it's a shame we got in such dirty situation at the end but flight and formation was good.
    The flying sandwich-

Expert poster

Red 12 took off in a formation of 3 P40s with Mar and Pauliuk from Taranto.
    We headed north, made a big circle around Bari and then followed a road to our first objective. We were flying very low and the fog was pretty dense, so we had so we had some problems with navigation, we spotted a column of panzergrenadiers on its road to Bari, it almost blew our cover off (it started shooting at us, luckily we broke off course soon). We spotted the brigde only about a kilometre in front of us, i was the first to drop my bomb, so i told guys that they should be flying on right of me paralel, i dropped the bomb and hit, the bridge was destroyed between 2nd and 3rd pillar.
    Unfortunately, Pauliuk wasnt really listening and he wanted to fly next to me during the bombing run, the bomb detonated right beside him and his engine got smoked. I commanded him to drop his bomb on the other bridge in that area, a railway bridge, but he hit hte pillar o it was only damaged, he then crashlanded around a sector south of those bridges and bailed out.
    Mar and me continoued with our task. We flew around Foggia, then around the next town and started crossing Italy only very far behind frontline. We saw one contact and the fog was getting thinner, so we had to fly a bit faster. We found the bridge without problems and Mar blew a hole right in the middle of it.
    Then we headed around Napoli low and fast, but near Salerno Mar got bingo fuel. We had to slow down and try to land in Scaleta(if thats the name Unfortunately, we lost sight of eachother, just as some fw190s found us! Mar didnt managed to run away and they got him, he survived and some fishermen took him back, i managed to loose them in the fog and with bingo fuel land on that airbase.
    It was a pretty tense mission, flying low in dense fog
    Last edited by CSAF_Faintingh; 19-10-2015 at 18:26.

Forum Veteran poster

Debriefing for Red6/Red7

Red6 was assigned with task of destroying enemy forces around Bari (BK/BL25) with secondary targets in BJ25.
    For the task, we got 4xP39 + 2xBeaufighter

Red7 was assigned with task to provide close cover of Red6, flight consisted of 6x Spitfire Mk.IX

Red6 lost twon planes immediately at the beginning of the mission (one disco when the server door was shut and one wings-off right after the spawn).
    The rest of group got together, P39's flying close formation with Beau's while Spit's were high and in the front searching for any incoming bogies. We waited south of Taranto are at alt 3000-5000ft having an easy flying with no enemy contacts. Our group saw on the shore west of Taranto many AAA's firing during our holding, our Spit interceptors were several times dispatched to check if any targets of opportunity can be found but nothing special happened.

Around 55 minutes after mission start, we got a GO order nad headed directly over Taranto port northbound. When we reached the sea shor north of Taranto some 20-25km from our primary targets, we were once again and for the last time put into few minutes hold because of enemy contacts reported over Bari and after that, we headed straight ofr the target.

Over targets, several enemy fighters were spotted from low to mid altitude, our Spits started to engage them and first battle damage was being reported (one spit had to go home as he got shot by heavy AAA over the target).

Beaufighters and Cobras swarmed over the target area looking for any targets of opportunity, due dense fog this was however easy and we did not manage to see many targets until it was too late for course and aiming correction.

In an upcoming battle, we lost:
    3 Cobras out of 4
    1 Beaufighter out of 2
    5 Spitfires out of 6 (incl. 2 technical KIA's at the beginning of mission)

We manage to destroy several ground targets, but the result was not how we expected it to be:
    3x 20mm Flak (Demon)
    1x 88mm Flak (Demon)
    2x Autoblinda AB 41 (Demon, Podrs)
    1x Semovente 75/18-41 (Demon)

When the battle was over, only my Cobra, Demon's Beaufighter and Druindin's Spitfire were over the target with no enemies in the air visible, our airplanes holed like swiss cheese and our ammo racks empty like the russian store after the EU sanctions.

We all headed home and later on landed succesfully, ready for new recruits and new mission..

Guy if you had any problems or see mistake in stats for you, reported also here so i can inform admin and he can fix it, i already toled him for Pip and for wrong tag of IAF. squadron

"Red6 lost twon planes immediately at the beginning of the mission (one disco when the server door was shut and one wings-off right after the spawn)."

Im geting boring to my self, how many times i repet that if you have accidant on runway at start, and your not able to take off you should bail out so airplane is saved and your alive, and after that disconect . Do not disconect from runways on start of mission without bailing out or taking off and landing if posible We will see if Thor will resurect Pip and return that spit to base, after he checks replay.

Forum Veteran poster

Quote Originally Posted by StG77_CountZero View Post
    "Red6 lost twon planes immediately at the beginning of the mission (one disco when the server door was shut and one wings-off right after the spawn)."

Im geting boring to my self, how many times i repet that if you have accidant on runway at start, and your not able to take off you should bail out so airplane is saved and your alive, and after that disconect . Do not disconect from runways on start of mission without bailing out or taking off and landing if posible We will see if Thor will resurect Pip and return that spit to base, after he checks replay.
    Tell that to Pip, not me We are flying 4th SEOW in a row and still, these things will happen, you cannot prevent it

Good job CSAF on that bridg destruction mission, 2 bridges, and 1 kill

Quote Originally Posted by 310_Podrs View Post
    Tell that to Pip, not me We are flying 4th SEOW in a row and still, these things will happen, you cannot prevent it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast