Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Expert poster

Default Re: Only for Commanders

After red ground units was set on the Foggia runway inhibiting the take off operation and destroying the spawn aircrafts, I think would be better to switch the "take off under enemy fire" OFF.
    It's mortifying to wait so long and be shot once in game before starting the engine. It did not help to keep players involved.
    This is also something the planners should think about. Good to challenge for winning, but first of all we should be focused on giving the players a chance to play.

Donor

Posting Legend !

This is exactly why i told to Hunter to inform Techcuron about it, and I told Jack before the mission that this airfield is under attack and that there is great chance that some will be killed by tank if there are any planned flights from this airfield.

Telling this info to Blue side during planning phase would influence decision which would damage my Red side even it was not a secret that tanks are there from mission #4 stats. But still, I didn't want that people feel bad and I said to Hunter to inform Blue side commander to re-organize flights and move humans elsewhere. From 50 planes involved, there should have been enough of other slots for humans. I think I did everything to prevent this unwanted human experience and still have a upper hand in terms of tactic used.

Chuck Norris among posters

Hey guys I just want to share my comment, please dont think I am angry or anything
    I just want to start by saying that I am not a commander and apologize for posting here if I should not!
    Anyhow, I want to say that I follow the situation on the ground war and its of course clear the opponent is many levels above us in almost every aspect of this game and I dont mean to say its because of you having better planes (Its actually quite nicely balanced), it is in my mind combination of two things:

First and most important is that Thor is against Kloss as commanders

(Once more I feel so bad to mentioning Kloss because he has spent his free time and worked hard, done some good things. I might have had some argues with him in last 2-3 weeks and I have given him some undeserved bad time, among all axis guys (including JG77 guys and myself) he is above us because he is the only one who stepped up)

Why I think that is most important: Because it is like in football you put Barcelona up against a League 2 English club... What I mean to say is that Thor is among the top few guys that understand SEOW, if not the very best at the moment.. While on the other side Kloss has never heard of SEOW before 1-2 months... This huge miss-balance in my mind should not have happened.
    Funny enough I feel that the same miss-balance has been done in the axis-allies pilots... While on the allied side you have several seasoned squadrons, on the axis only JG77 is able to put a flight of 4 or more... This is a huge mistake that happened after CountZ and his boys left I am afraid to say for example, there is no ground attack capabilities for Axis side ...

Second thing is very close to the first in the terms of using the most out of seow system. I honestly think (Again) that Allied side is/will be 100% deserved winners, they were just better... Even though spawning paras, capturing fields, working behind the lines etc. is a great way to win in seow (I would always do it to win) it is a huge overkill in this situation and I personally think (I never held a rifle in my life and probably know shit about war) its all bullshit in realistic point of view.. Just think: You drop some groups of commandos 100km behind enemy lines and they capture a city, few factories, airbase etc, then they dig in

For those reasons this SEOW is probably by far the worst I have every taken part in, its not organised in a high level nor there is any good number of pilots flying. That being said I dont mean anyone is fault personally of course. Also, I personally prefer more simple campaigns like Malta, Crete, Ploesti, Truk even the bloody Korea...
    Albeit war is probably 80-90% ground battle and only a small % air-battle, we here are pilots and I feel that a huge part of result needs to depend on air-results...

That all being said I want to make sure that you understand I am not moaning, just giving my opinion. I enjoy flying no matter whats happening but sometimes its a little bit "soar"... Anyhow I also want to say it is great to fly with (or against) the guys we have good relations with like VARP, 102, Leo of course and LLv guys...

I hope we again learn something after this
    Last edited by II/JG77_Jack; 26-01-2016 at 15:43.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/vjeranjg77ok.png

II./JG77_Jack, Gruppenkommandeur,

II./Jagdgeschwader 77 "Herz As"

http://www.ii-jg77.net/

Expert poster

Jack, I'm not worried about item 1. Every axis player could participate and contribute on planning, but anyone has the time to do so we can only thank the guys who have this load.
    On item 2 I also would prefer a more realistic strategy, but I dont have the feel to blame anybody. It's up to the administrator choosing the rules.
    About the campaign I can see a very big work behind by Thor and CountZero, of course. Sincerely I'm used to play campaign with simpler rules and more focused on air than ground, but in my opinion this is a complete campaign that would have deserved much more players.

Donor

Posting Legend !

Thanks for comments Jack.
    Most player like simple campaigns which are easy to manage and prepare for next mission in one day.
    This is very true.
    For me and some of us, who likes to have a mix between flying "sim" and strategy game simple campaigns are just like a AoE server....short fun and nothing more. No story. I am not saying it is bad, but certainly not something I like except when I have hour to waste.
    I agree that it is a problem when you have smaller (33/23 like we have) number of players in a campaign designed for 50/50.
    Especially when even those you have against were instructed to avoid air war wherever possible and concentrate on given missions.

Kloss is great guy who performed very well in first half. But it looks like that strategy where attacks are made on multiple points at the same time without break are just too much for relativly new guy to SEOW and better tanks don't work if you don't know where to send them and make good air support to them.

Will see how it will go in the future because I already decided to transfer ground and air plans to new guys who are willing to try planning and see how their ideas will perform in reality. For me it is not challenge anymore because of huge lead in points and more important I don't have time to do plans and briefs anymore.

Salute!

Forum Veteran poster

I took a lot of effort into detailing defense for 2.0, but after mission 07 (1st mission in 2.0) I was not pleased by losing approximately half of everything I started with because of the beach landings. Having lost that I tried one more time to give the SEOW a chance by counter attacking in various areas, one of which was para-dropping units onto Sicily, but it turned out that I cannot even give them orders to move after they were dropped because they were outside of "HQ" range and their only purpose was to reinforce things. I then gave someone else all commanding of ground movement since it gave me cancer after mission 08 (2).

Sure, the campaign has its faults, but I do personally hate the way this map is designed (airfield properties and especially the ugly ground textures) and some of the rules.But I don't feel the need complain and negotiate changes.

All I can do is continue to bear all the polygon warfare.
    <br>
    Last edited by Techcuron; 26-01-2016 at 22:10.
    raison d'etre

Quote Originally Posted by 22gct_gross View Post
    Jack, I'm not worried about item 1. Every axis player could participate and contribute on planning, but anyone has the time to do so we can only thank the guys who have this load.
    On item 2 I also would prefer a more realistic strategy, but I dont have the feel to blame anybody. It's up to the administrator choosing the rules.
    About the campaign I can see a very big work behind by Thor and CountZero, of course. Sincerely I'm used to play campaign with simpler rules and more focused on air than ground, but in my opinion this is a complete campaign that would have deserved much more players.
    100% agreed Gross!

Quote Originally Posted by Techcuron View Post
    I took a lot of effort into detailing defense for 2.0, but after mission 07 (1st mission in 2.0) I was not pleased by losing approximately half of everything I started with because of the beach landings. Having lost that I tried one more time to give the SEOW a chance by counter attacking in various areas, one of which was para-dropping units onto Sicily, but it turned out that I cannot even give them orders to move after they were dropped because they were outside of "HQ" range and their only purpose was to reinforce things. I then gave someone else all commanding of ground movement since it gave me cancer after mission 08 (2).

Sure, the campaign has its faults, but I do personally hate the way this map is designed (airfield properties and especially the ugly ground textures) and some of the rules.But I don't feel the need complain and negotiate changes.

All I can do is continue to bear all the polygon warfare.
    <br>
    Yes
    And no, I dont feel the need either, I just felt the need to tell you guys what I think.

Please, carry on with what you are doing, and also please ask myself or anyone else to help you with whatever. For now I consider this SEOW a nice way to make friends (probably something I am not an expert on as you saw) and get better in fights, tactics on my squadron level. So please, if you would like me to step up and maybe do some work for you, feel free to ask.
    I sometimes will simply be f*cked up by RL and wont be able to help, but I will always do my best to help you out...

Also while we are here.. What do you guys think of a short/simple campaign idea after this one? Say something like Coral sea (only carriers) or maybe something similar like 20v20 to play?

Donor

Posting Legend !

Quote Originally Posted by II/JG77_Jack View Post

Also while we are here.. What do you guys think of a short/simple campaign idea after this one? Say something like Coral sea (only carriers) or maybe something similar like 20v20 to play?
    Sure, why not, guys will fly anything on the table...will you make it?

Donor

Posting Legend !

Hi all,

I must add that Kloss is doing a hell of a job to beat Thor, especially in ground war.
    Considering experience that he has against Thor's, he will be a hack of a planner after this seow.

I Salute you Sir and keep up the good work.

You will see that after 5-6 seow's you will not remember which you have won or loose, just where you had most of the fun...and that is the main reason why are we all here, isn't it?

Cheers,
    Hunter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast