Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Only for Commanders

I do agree that this situation is far from perfect, but when it comes to behind the lines operations small well trained and equipped groups can be and usually are very effective and pain in the ass for enemy in real life too so it is not that unrealistic than you might think. Even capturing weakly defended airfield or town is possible, but keeping it is different story.

Forum Veteran poster

Quote Originally Posted by =VARP=Hunter View Post
    Hi all,

I must add that Kloss is doing a hell of a job to beat Thor, especially in ground war.
    Considering experience that he has against Thor's, he will be a hack of a planner after this seow.

I Salute you Sir and keep up the good work.

You will see that after 5-6 seow's you will not remember which you have won or loose, just where you had most of the fun...and that is the main reason why are we all here, isn't it?

Cheers,
    Hunter

No.

1946 community in decline.

There won't be any new SEOW's any time.

I don't have fun.

raison d'etre

Forum Veteran poster

Quote Originally Posted by 334th_Kapsu View Post
    I do agree that this situation is far from perfect, but when it comes to behind the lines operations small well trained and equipped groups can be and usually are very effective and pain in the ass for enemy in real life too so it is not that unrealistic than you might think. Even capturing weakly defended airfield or town is possible, but keeping it is different story.
    If the ground units could actually fight like ground units without driving passing each other and shooting from terrible solutions. Pescara airfield never started with any garrison nor any units near it to defend it. The airfield was run by civilians apparently.
    raison d'etre

Donor

Posting Legend !

Quote Originally Posted by Techcuron View Post
    No.

1946 community in decline.

There won't be any new SEOW's any time.

I don't have fun.
    I'm really sorry to hear that.

Donor

Posting Legend !

Guys, be serious. What reality? In reality tanks do not go 60km trough enemy territory in 2.5 hours, 6 platoons can bearly ocuppy 3 streets in village, subs do not attack destroyers while on surface, bridge require serious amount of hits to be destroyed, radar won't see you between the hills, tank can not climb the mountains, planes do not fly on 10m trough woods, higher ground is not the same lika narrow terrain and much much more. Talking about perfection in game where not the sea, not the air and especially not the ground are not anywhere near the truth is a joke. But is the only thing similar to ww2 warefare we have which include air/sea/land operations.

The only reality here are people involved in the campaign. Any campaign. When the things start to go "south" someone or something should be blamed for it. This is perfectly human behaviour and no squad/person is imune to it.
    When we talk about SEOW, it is simple. It can be used for air, sea, land missions. In case you want to use it to max potential everyone should know that than this becomes 80% ground 20% air. It drags you to develope the campaign in that direction. Try it and you'll see.

@Techcuron
    Pescara was just a decoy. Just 2 paradrop planes. Didn't expect them to survive 2 missions.
    I sent you PMs few times to tell me do you want me to leave the Italian units under your control on the mainland even they should surrender according to the rules. No response.
    I offered you help to ask about anything in SEOW even we play for different side. No request.
    Two times after Hunter informed me about problem with some blue flights canceled because of no fuel, I asked him to refuel blue base with non existing fuel and build the mission again so you guys don't suffer those overlooks.
    My only request to Hunter was to watch for your moves trough forrest, bridge crossing and entrance to airfields. Everything else was fine by me and i wouldn't ask for any penalty no matter what.
    Also I sent you PM and told Hunter to offer you recon planes for free in your supply because of not reported error in number of pictures capacity for recons. Non planes requsted.
    I don't hate blue side guys and i wanted as hard fight from you guys as possible.

I know there is no way for Blue to recover at this point and win. In few missions logistic will start to play major role. If you didn't paid enough attention so far most likely logistic will kill you even if Reds does not advance a single meter from now on.

You are the only one commander of blue side m8. Your word is final. You can always write here that you guys surrender and we end.
    ~S~
    Last edited by =VARP=Thor; 27-01-2016 at 10:43.

Chuck Norris among posters

Please guys, lets keep going, it is good that we meet and fly every sunday. Lets do it atleast in the next month, just for all the pilots that come every sunday to fly. After this week I will have a lot of free time so I will be able to make a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by =VARP=Thor View Post
    Sure, why not, guys will fly anything on the table...will you make it?
    Yes, like I said, I should have free time next month, so I will be able to make it. I have knowledge from the last time you helped me install all the needed software and I know how to play around with it.
    I would like to make a request that you again link me those things I need to set it all up for my PC. I have a new PC now so I lost all the data
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/vjeranjg77ok.png

II./JG77_Jack, Gruppenkommandeur,

II./Jagdgeschwader 77 "Herz As"

http://www.ii-jg77.net/

Donor

Posting Legend !

Sure Jack, I'll help you to setup technical part.

Forum Veteran poster

Quote Originally Posted by =VARP=Thor View Post
    Guys, be serious. What reality? In reality tanks do not go 60km trough enemy territory in 2.5 hours, 6 platoons can bearly ocuppy 3 streets in village, subs do not attack destroyers while on surface, bridge require serious amount of hits to be destroyed, radar won't see you between the hills, tank can not climb the mountains, planes do not fly on 10m trough woods, higher ground is not the same lika narrow terrain and much much more. Talking about perfection in game where not the sea, not the air and especially not the ground are not anywhere near the truth is a joke. But is the only thing similar to ww2 warefare we have which include air/sea/land operations.

The only reality here are people involved in the campaign. Any campaign. When the things start to go "south" someone or something should be blamed for it. This is perfectly human behaviour and no squad/person is imune to it.
    When we talk about SEOW, it is simple. It can be used for air, sea, land missions. In case you want to use it to max potential everyone should know that than this becomes 80% ground 20% air. It drags you to develope the campaign in that direction. Try it and you'll see.

@Techcuron
    Pescara was just a decoy. Just 2 paradrop planes. Didn't expect them to survive 2 missions.
    I sent you PMs few times to tell me do you want me to leave the Italian units under your control on the mainland even they should surrender according to the rules. No response.
    I offered you help to ask about anything in SEOW even we play for different side. No request.
    Two times after Hunter informed me about problem with some blue flights canceled because of no fuel, I asked him to refuel blue base with non existing fuel and build the mission again so you guys don't suffer those overlooks.
    My only request to Hunter was to watch for your moves trough forrest, bridge crossing and entrance to airfields. Everything else was fine by me and i wouldn't ask for any penalty no matter what.
    Also I sent you PM and told Hunter to offer you recon planes for free in your supply because of not reported error in number of pictures capacity for recons. Non planes requsted.
    I don't hate blue side guys and i wanted as hard fight from you guys as possible.

I know there is no way for Blue to recover at this point and win. In few missions logistic will start to play major role. If you didn't paid enough attention so far most likely logistic will kill you even if Reds does not advance a single meter from now on.

You are the only one commander of blue side m8. Your word is final. You can always write here that you guys surrender and we end.
    ~S~

Its a semi-historical campaign, what can you expect. Submarines are the only useful ship allowed to come near the coast and yet they are incapable of firing torpedoes when submerged. The game has its flaws, and we have to make use of the flaws. The additional rules in this campaign really work to prevent one side from completely annihilating the other, I'm pretty sure some of these rules were put in place because of past occurrences with Count_Zero. This campaign was designed first for Count_Zero and then redesigned for 2.0 based on the results of and absence of Count_Zero. If someone really wanted to make things more realistic then the Meta function could be used with games like Arma (Ground) and Silent Hunter III (Sea), but all of us do not have time for all of that.

In response to the "help" Thor wanted to give me, I declined the first one and said the campaign should play itself out as it is with no modifications. Following all original designs of the campaign, I did not want any exploits. The only thing I did not understand was the landing ships, that doomed me anyway, moving all of my naval ships across the entire map 20k down, right, left 18x times for each ship to defend the inevitable invasion. I was aware of the fuel at Foggia, 3/4 of the planes were forced AI because I knew they would die/not take off and Foggia would be captured. But Hunter decided to add fuel to it for his own reason without my request, so Allies have fuel on it now .

These things were not intentional I am sure, but they are annoying.

It would have been much nicer if the campaign was started in the condition that the beach landings had happened and Italians already surrendered. I expected atleast an in-game naval encounter and see actual units to be landing the beach. Beach landings are not quick and they sure as hell cannot unload that much within such a short time. I also would prefer more realistic and reasonable loadouts and planes for the campaign. If it really was for fun as Hunter said then therr would be more variety in plane selection and loadouts.

Blue wins for me as long as Germany still holds.

I may be the only official blue commander, but I am no longer the one making all the decisions and movements. My JG51 decides if I surrender (two of them already forfeit the SEOW because they disliked the conditions) , but in the end I still won't let them decide. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    raison d'etre

Donor

Posting Legend !

Everything stands what you have written, i apologize for adding fuel, i will not do that any more.
    My intention was to give human pilot a chance to fly those plains...anyway...like i said, it will not happened again.

Expert poster

22gct is thinking exactly about a Coral Sea. Once the Italy will end we will able to switch there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast