Forum Veteran poster

Default Mission #11 brief

IAF

FOR SECURITY REASON THE BRIEFING WILL BE BEFORE THE MISSION ITSELF.

we will T/O from carriers and head for our targets.

CRAVEN your WW will be our CAP. please stay over the target area until we finish our mission.
    i send you the flight plan on privet channel.

Donor

Posting Legend !

Default Re: Mission #11 brief

Benevento raid #2

Like I already said after last mission we gonna try to repeat the attack to the city from closer bases which should give us enough time to clear major defence. I made some recording to see can this be done in 25min window we have here. Most of defence can be destroyed in 25min by single player. We will have ~ 6-9 for this job. Some will have more, some will have less time over target.
    Here is the track, training mission and youtube link (without sound) https://youtu.be/YOkvvPT9whM of my training. Benevento.rar

Enemy has made a trap for us on the hill SW of airbase, so don't go there. This is not our business there. We want to clean airfield and the city. By the time mission planner is closed maybe they will move those flak some where else. My pictures were made today and I can't wait for tomorrow to see the actual state. Our positions will not change and our pilots should just inform themselves in mission planner is everything like in the picture I posted.

Suggested directions for AAA swep.

Like you can see in video, who ever comes first need to take care of 20mm AAA first. 88 flaks are not immanent danger if you fly below 200m. Guys, use your rockets to shoot the flaks from distance. It's not accurate in the track recorded from the game, but in the video, you can clearly see how to aim with them.

A bit problematic are AAA in between the buildings. I am thinking that P39 which are coming in the area should drop their bombs in the city after 20mm are destroyed, and P39s should then go around airfield and the city and destroy soft targets. Our AI (or human) B24s from Foggia will attack the middle of the town at ~14:15 and will clear some obstacles for attackers.

One important thing is airfield bunker. It must be destroyed while we are there. Our tanks will use this road north of the city and this bunker is dangerously close. LeR3 will try to destroy it in rocket burst after all 20mm are gone. Please inform VARP is this done so we can repeat the attack if it is not.

VARP coming from the Foggia will inspect what is that question mark north of the road west of Foggia. VARP should be over Benevento after 12-15min in mission. Maybe earlier, but it depends if B24 will be in front of them in Foggia.

Battlefield for mission #11

Task for fighters is to make buffer between incoming enemy and escaping ground attackers. If it will be possible maybe we could even push this patrol zone more to north. It is not excluded that GA P38s and P39Q1 to go and attack Monte Cassino area. But this is just an option if we make air superiority.

Fighter are coming from more distant bases. Why's that? Simply because ground attackers will have enough time over primary target and will also have some close cover with them. The other reason is we'll need more fighters in the region for next mission and those who survive be refueled and ready for mission #12. All flights should have whisper set to ALL channels and direct comms with flights doing the same job in the same region.

I suggest that you make layers. First layer P38/P39 0-3500m, Spits 2500-6000m, P51 5000-9000

I didn't set players to B24 yet. They can choose to go in GA with LeR3/VARP or to go level bombing of Benevento. In case they go in GA, VARP will leave them 3 B25G1 and we'll take something else. Let me know today so we can change the slots.

For new players, they can either join some slots on our flights where someone is missing or they can take P39Q1 from Milazzo. I don't know what are your preferences and where to put you. Let me know today.

P.S. Alon will post brief and targets for IAF and WW
    **NOTE: we will try to close the door at 21:25 CET so we can start on time. Don't be late.

Good luck all!

=VARP=Thor

I didn't got word from our bomber guys yet, but i think they want to take those B-24s. I'll let you know if they want B-25G instead.

Donor
    Chuck Norris among posters

+1

Liberator crew if it is needed
    Last edited by Bobby; 06-03-2016 at 10:51.
    http://2ndvarp.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5156&d=1513705491
    "Fighter pilots make movies, Bomber pilots make history!".

Rookie poster

Hi Folks,

Familiarizing myself with the mission as I plan to join in today. Is there a TeamSpeak server for the mission? And if so can I get the login details?

Thanks,

Big Mik

@BigMik
    TS adress: gec.servebeer.com:7777
    password: pass

What you prefer fighters or ground attack/ bomber?
    Last edited by 334th_Kapsu; 06-03-2016 at 19:05.

Rookie poster

Thanks!!