Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie poster

Default Badest Aktion i ever see

Hello Thor
    Up to now I had the biggest respect for your knowledge and skill Thor.
    What you have today delivered, however, here the biggest mess I is in 10 years of online flying has experienced!!!
    Flying with a KI84 with Japanese signs on own machines shoot is cowardly and underhand.
    You should be ashamed that was just disgusting.
    You do not need this!

Flesch

Donor

Posting Legend !

Default Re: Badest Aktion i ever see

Objection noted.

It was not intended to be used like that and who ever is inside red side secret room knows how that was supposed to look like.

If you do understand how this works, you will see the error in build and why this has happened.

In any case, i have offered restart to find the error, or to fly with nav lights. You rather complained.

Cheers
    Last edited by =VARP=Thor; 17-12-2018 at 00:53.

n00b poster

Hi Thor,

thank you for your answer.

Since I have never generated a SEOW mission in "Dog" mode, do you know how the "BornPlaceCountries" parameter is positioned (we can see that the other parameters seem corrects) ? ... Did you ask 4Shades on the official SEOW forum ?

Donor

Posting Legend !

Quote Originally Posted by Tabarnak View Post
    Hi Thor,

thank you for your answer.

Since I have never generated a SEOW mission in "Dog" mode, do you know how the "BornPlaceCountries" parameter is positioned (we can see that the other parameters seem corrects) ? ... Did you ask 4Shades on the official SEOW forum ?
    Nope. Shades had no time for this. This was all my idea and only support i got from Diego and later from Untamo who made analyzer for first aid until whole sedcs code is done.
    Tonight Visual basic refused to open project trough which i am running it an build the mission in DF.
    I had to work on tbe laptop and since one trouble never comes alone, i had login issues with database connection. Than i just made it ad hoc with old build so we have radar in the mission. I guess this logins were responsible for borncountries errors because some scripts are done on mysql level. So far we had no problems with borncountries. Anyway, 4Shades can not support something he has no clue about unti i give him final version of the code. I am stuck with myself and this two guys willing to help.
    It ain't perfect, but we are playing on this system, aren't we.

Forum Veteran poster

Moin Thor,
    Captured aircraft were given their own emblem and extensively tested, but never used with the Japanese national emblems during the war.
    If the captured aircraft are deducted from the available aircraft that is fine.
    But sneaking up from behind with Japanese marks is cowardly and sneaky. You knew that, but you did it anyway.
    You wanted to reboot and / or fly with navigation lights.
    Searching for errors was not the talk and it would have taken even longer until the mission finally started.
    Such missions did not exist and should not exist here!
    I hope that will not be possible from the next missions, otherwise I'll be out.
    Gruß Amarok

Senior Member  photo LLv34_90x90.png

Mega-Power poster

S!

I have no objection in using captured aircraft, but they should have correct markings. US pilots would not fly a Japanese plane with Japanese markings on them, from the fear of being shot down by friendlies.

I personally used a captured Hs-129 as a russkie in the Kursk campaign to great effect ... With red stars on the tail/wings of course.

Also, as reported during the mission:
    The aircraft from Kadena airfields had USAAF markings on them, with no ability to change to Japanese.

Quite a lot of weird / bad stuff happened in this mission, maybe it would be best to re-run it on next Sund...whenever we fly next mission?

Donor

Posting Legend !

Quote Originally Posted by LLv34_Untamo View Post

Also, as reported during the mission:
    The aircraft from Kadena airfields had USAAF markings on them, with no ability to change to Japanese.

Quite a lot of weird / bad stuff happened in this mission, maybe it would be best to re-run it on next Sund...whenever we fly next mission?
    Yep, you have noticed that too. I imagine no one would take them because of that, right?

Restart would fix the thing in 5min because it was obvious what was wrong. But since we were late because of not being able to build the mission and having all my thoughts in that direction, obvious things does not look obvious in the moment.

But who can understan that?
    Who ever has tried to build something which has suddenly fail for no reason and who has trying to patch up the thing so people can be happy for few hours.
    Road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Admin is to blame...yep, i agree

That's why admin has already decided this mission was a waste of time. The same one will be played this Sunday without any changes to ground moves, plans so no one waste no time on this except me. The only changes is going to be fix of markings and all Ie Shima IJA land base planes will be replaced with american land base equivalents p38, p47, p51 and B25J. We will not risk more false ID.

Hmm...really sad.

Whole E69 pilots didn't like what they have seen.
    Last edited by E69_Jocker; 17-12-2018 at 14:11.

Mega-Power poster

Well, I wasn't there but I would still like to make a statement here:

Firstly, I totally resent your bitter and ungrateful statements, you whiners, whose only responsibility is to join the mission. You guys have no idea how much work it is even to just plan the mission, not even talking about hosting and administrate such a project.

Whenever, in this community, people were asking for support, you kept silent but whenever a mission didn't turn out your way, you ranted out loudly. That's what I call comradeship.

Yesterday was obviously a technical issue and not accepting the admin's suggestion for fixing it, puts the blame on you guys too.

But anyway, as Thor wrote: those who've never been involved in such thing simply don't understand. So, if you blame him for being ugly, read through your very mean statements again. I read no less ugliness here:

Pointing fingers at those who have relentlessly given and sacrificed their free time to make such campaigns possible whilst never giving back anything in return.

Eventually it's just a game, it's a project, it's a prototype and errors happen. How can one be so condemning and disrespectful?

May this should never happen in the future again!

Salute

Killerfliege

PS: Thor, I honestly respect your work. For me it is simply incredible how you've pushed the possibilities of SEOW to a whole new level! Even though I cannot actively fly this campaign, it's just a great joy to read through the progress of this project. Very admirable.

I/JG7_K.Fliege, Einsatzoffizier im Stab der I. Gruppe/Jagdgeschwader 7 "Nowotny"

"Wer kann, der geht nah ran!"

Junior Member  photo escudoE69_90x90.png

Novice poster

Keep calm, gentlemen, please

Everyone can make a mistake. And, in this case, the mistake was made by the Red that took the decision to fly japan aircraft with japan marks, looking for an easy down, not by the planner.

Therefore, we expect, at least, a public apology. We simulate war, but this is not so and we expect an explanation. Thor has already explained his part kindly, remains to know the other hand. The E69 is also upset and would help restore confidence.

And, finally, I want to insist on something: thanks to Thor for carrying the weight of this type of event. We regret having to criticize your work, but surely you will understand that it is not a whim.
    Last edited by E69_Bucaral; 17-12-2018 at 19:47.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast