Donor

Chuck Norris among posters

Default A letter to all VARP mates

Hi guys,
    As someone who initiated some of the new "recruits" in our squadron I feel I have to clarify something which wasnt maybe clarified enough. I will try to summarize everything so I dont bother you much.
    - We are a bunch of crazy, casual virtual pilots. We indeed have a great experience in combat sims, we had and have some great pilots and aces.
    - We do like to perform as good as we can in online wars and on "serious" servers. But that doesnt mean we are focused on pure performance and stats. Ofcourse, its nice to see how good we are doing in online battles but we are rather focused on great fun and friendship than on personal or squad stats. So If we had many kills - great! We destroyed the target - great! But all the fun is not there, its me crashing into the ground thinking I was higher or my mate heading home with one engine in his 110. And laughing along. Or some intense dogfight which we won in the last moment because your wingie came "almost too late". Im just throwing bad examples but you will get what Im trying to say I hope.
    -We dont brag about our successes to anybody (specially not in the public chat of any kind). We do not count every plane shot down and write it down in some fake pilot logbook. We fly for fun. We dont quit if we have a bad night. Because again, we fly for fun and for hanging with mates.
    - Wednesday and sunday are our official flying nights. If you cant make it its ok, RL is more important. Other nights are OK too. Also not everybody are willing or are able to fly 3-4h per flying night. Me personaly due to healt issues (which I will fix I hope). I used to fly every night and didnt have probs with that. Bit sometimes I like to fly just quick squad dueling. We dont need to fly every night long jabo missions.
    - We are experienced pilots with more than 20 yrs of experience (most of us) but let say, our "peaks" are gone, our passion isnt as used to be due to RL obligations.....with time you got fed up a bit with the genre and all you want is "casual" flying online.
    Some of us just converted from old IL2 to the IL2 BOS. Pilots are still getting used to a considerable different things like new engine management, getting familiar with planes, new spotting system, deflection shooting ( not as it was in old IL2) etc. Some are upgrading their hardware.
    - Not everybody are super fluent in english (me included) so bear with us please as it isnt our native language. We will still use croatian sometimes, but please dont take this as "separating us from english speaking members". Its not that. Sometimes its easier to communicate this way as its our native language. Important stuff and when communicating with Foch, Munster etc will be in english. But nobody is obligated to do any of this.

Salute
    Last edited by =VARP=Tvrdi; 16-05-2019 at 10:31.
    Its not the plane...its the plane and pilot
    VARP IL2 GB SKINS

Donor

Posting Legend !

Default Re: A letter to all VARP mates

Nice post Tvrdi.
    Let me add just one more thing.
    We do have competitive spirit still in us all and we have showed that during lots of SEOW's in IL2'46.
    I hope someday something similar will be made for BOS and then all our knowledge in flying sim will be shown.
    Until then fun and relaxed training is good enough, i hope you all are ok with that.

I am very pleased to see that squad is growing and once again wish big welcome to Snake, Fotch and Munster, i think that you are great virtual pilots and that we will share alot of laughs together in the air.

Jus my 2 cents.

~S~Hunter

Donor

Chuck Norris among posters

Quote Originally Posted by =VARP=Hunter View Post
    Nice post Tvrdi.
    Let me add just one more thing.
    We do have competitive spirit still in us all and we have showed that during lots of SEOW's in IL2'46.
    I hope someday something similar will be made for BOS and then all our knowledge in flying sim will be shown.
    Until then fun and relaxed training is good enough, i hope you all are ok with that.

I am very pleased to see that squad is growing and once again wish big welcome to Snake, Fotch and Munster, i think that you are great virtual pilots and that we will share alot of laughs together in the air.

Jus my 2 cents.

~S~Hunter
    Agree with that!!

Tko leti vrijedi, tko vrijedi leti, tko ne leti ne vrijedi!

Rookie poster

Nice posts! Thanks, feel very welcom